Free stay in Glasgow anyone?
The Millennium Hotel Glasgow (in Glasgow funnily enough) has very generously offered to give away 1 free night, bed and breakfast in January or February 2013. The hotel is located right in the heart of the city and is close to all of Glasgow’s landmarks such as the Glasgow Science Centre, Botanic Garden, the Glengoyne Distillery and the many shops, restaurants and bars that surround the city centre.
If you have never considered Glasgow for a break before, then this might be the perfect excuse to explore the city. It may or may not surprise you to learn that the city of Glasgow is full of culture and has a huge choice of museums and architecture to explore. For design lovers there is the Glasgow School of Art and The Lighthouse, which are free museums focused on architecture and design. Also of interest is the Waverley, which is the last active paddle steamer in the world, on which you can view the city from the coast. A visit to The Willow Tea Rooms should also be on your list of things to do; their afternoon tea (with 3 tiers!) is famous in Glasgow and makes a lovely treat.
The Millennium Hotel Glasgow is a 4 star hotel, which is within a beautiful Victorian building and has a traditional yet modern feel to it. It has its own fine dining restaurant which serves traditional Scottish cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s ideal for a stay in the city as it’s so close to the station as well as being within walking distance to all of the local attractions.
If you think a free night in glorious Glasgow sounds just the ticket then all you have to do is answer the below question and submit your answer via the ‘Leave a Reply’ section below.
What is the name of the famous river that Glasgow is situated on?
This Competition is now closed, we are very pleased to announce Sophie Holden as the winner! Thank you to everyone that entered!
Terms and conditions:
- To enter you must submit your answer via the ‘Leave a Reply’ option at the bottom of the page.
- Travel Republic will pick a winner with the correct answer at random and notify them via email on the 21st December.
- The prize must be taken by the 28th February 2013, excludes Saturdays and the 9th and 16th February, and is subject to availability.
- The prize is for 1 night bed and breakfast for 2 people only and does not include travel to and from the hotel.
- The prize is non transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Travel Republic reserves the right to announce the winner’s name on social sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- The competition draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning it.
- This competition is not open to employees of Travel Republic or the Millennium Hotel Glasgow.